Friday, August 6, 2010

I started gathering some info

I have been reading a lot lately and searching out the web for great resources for positive companion animal information. I have come across a vast amount of great information and posted it to my webpage (Home Alone Pet Services) but I dont think ppl go there much and I think some of this shit is SO important that i really want to share it with ppl I know care.

I have been putting some of these techniques read from blogs of great ppl and from books I have read. I am absolutely STUNNED at how responsive both Raj and Vanda are to these techniques and SO much happier because my role with them is motivational. That is, they have FUN behaving well as opposed to me being in a constant state of 'high alert' instead just enjoying their company.
I know all my dog and cat friends want co-operative, non-dominance based interactions with their their loved ones that I really want to share some of the nuggets I found.

Just for starters, I have put some of these together. The issues these blogs deal with are stuff we all have to deal with and, quite simply, they totally turned my head around.
If you have a mind to, check out some of these.. each is overflowing with articles and posts that relate to anything and everything from play to aggression to just plain co-operative interactions with, well mostly dogs, but I am searching for cat behaviour issues too:


Animal Behavior Associates, Inc.

All of the following short articles were written by Daniel Estep, Ph.D. and Suzanne Hetts, Ph.D. Certified Applied Animal Behaviorists. This great link addresses both dog and cat behavior.
The Other End of the Leash Patricia McConnell, Phd.:
Amazing FREE blog on positive dog training techniques by world renown zoologist and certified animal behaviorist Patricia McConnell.
Jean Donaldson's Blog LLC: Author,
Training-Dogs.com - Ian Dunbar "Positive, effective dog training methods" Dr. Ian Dunbar, one of the world's most popular behaviorists.
Peaceable Paws Pat Miller LLC "Fostering harmony between human and non-human animals in our world"
"Dog Trying to Dominate Your World?" Have you ever been told that your dog’s behavioural problem is due to it trying to “dominate “you? Have you read or seen on television that your dog is behaving badly because it wants to take over as “Alpha “male? Or told that your dog is defying you to become “leader of the pack”? If the answer is yes then you have to ask yourself are you being given the correct advice.
"Oh Behave"-Training Dogs the Positive Way Lisa Manolius, Owner/Trainer of Oh Behave!, is an Honors graduate of the San Francisco SPCA’s Academy for Dog Trainers, frequently referred to as the “Harvard” for dog trainers, and a Certified Professional Dog Trainer. Training dogs is Lisa’s passion and dream job.
Behind the BehaviorInformation on Dog, Cat, and Bird Behavior from Companion Animal Solutions

1 comment: